Although we cannot always travel and move to distant destinations, that does not prevent us from being able to enjoy the most distant gastronomy that we can imagine. Today we are going to make a popular Chinese recipe that combines sweet and sour flavor in a round dish.
Time: 30 minutes
• 500 g of lean pork meat or loin
• 230g pineapple
• 60g onion
• 150 g plum tomato
• 125 g of green, yellow and red bell pepper
• 1 tablespoon of raspberry jam
• 20 g of honey
• 50 g of ketchup
• Cornstarch to coat
• 15 ml of white wine vinegar
• 30 ml of water + 1/2 tablespoon of cornstarch
• 15 ml of white wine
• Extra virgin olive oil
For the meat marinade:
• 15 ml of white wine
• 1 egg yolk
• Salt to taste
• 6g cornstarch
1. Cut the meat into regular blocks, with the help of a large knife, hit each block to flatten it and chop it with the bottom corner of the knife so that it is more tender later.
2. Put all the meat in a bowl and macerate it before cooking it. Salt to taste, add the white wine, the egg yolk and the cornstarch, mix well and set aside for 15 minutes.
3. We pass each piece of meat through cornstarch and with the help of our hands we turn each piece of meat so that it looks like a meatball.
4. We put the 28 cm wok with Efficient plus lid with plenty of extra virgin olive oil. We fry the meat in several batches for a couple of minutes, take it out on a colander and continue cooking the rest. Once we finish all the meat we are going to give it a second frying until golden brown and reserve.
5. Finely chop the onion, the peeled and seeded tomato, cut the pineapple into regular pieces, wash the three types of peppers and cut into pieces more or less the same size as the pineapple, we have used red, green and yellow pepper, but You can put a single color or two. Once all the vegetables are ready, we begin to cook the sauce that will accompany the meat.
6. In the same wok, remove all the oil and add only 3 tablespoons. Sauté the onion together with the tomato for 10 minutes, then pour in the white wine and let it reduce. When it has reduced, pass the sauce through a potato masher or chinois and return it to the wok.
7. Next we add the raspberry jam, honey and ketchup and salt to taste, mix well and pour 100 ml of water.
8. Add the white wine vinegar, the pineapple and the 3 peppers and cook for 2 minutes.
9. In a glass, dissolve half a tablespoon of cornstarch in 30 ml of water and pour it into the wok. When it starts to boil again and the sauce thickens, add the meat and mix so that the sauce impregnates all the pieces.
10. We serve immediately.
Photography and recipe by MJ .