Eating aubergines like this is, in addition to a pleasure, an original way of preparing them. Clafoutis is usually a French dessert made with cherries.
It does not have dough, just the fruit and a mixture of eggs, cream sugar and vanilla that makes it juicy and smooth and does not have dough. Today we are going to make a salty version with aubergines and brie cheese. The result is somewhere between a quiche and a fritatta and you can prepare it with your favorite ingredients.
- 2 eggplants
- 1 onion
- 30 ml of extra virgin olive oil
- 200gr of Brie cheese
- 100ml liquid cream
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- A little parsley or chives to decorate
- Rinse the aubergines, and with the help of a small Bra Santoku knife, cut them into small cubes.
- In a skillet Efficient 18 cm brown them together with the chopped onion for 5 minutes with 2 tablespoons of oil.
- Divide the aubergines among three low pans Efficient of 16 cm., add the Brie cheese cut into small pieces. Reserve.
- Preheat the oven to 200 ° C.
- Beat the eggs with cornstarch, cream, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Spread this mixture over the three molds and bake for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve the clafoutis hot, with a little chopped fresh parsley on top. You can accompany them with a herb salad.