For 4 people:
- 2 mackerel
- chopped fresh parsley
- 4 tablespoons of crushed tomato
- 800ml of fish stock
- 500g monalisa potatoes
- extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp sweet paprika from La Vera
- 1 tsp of cornstarch
- Black pepper
- a handful of almonds
- Clean the mackerel of bones and tail and cut off the head. We split them in two. We booked.
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into more or less large pieces. We leave them in water until we are going to use them.
- In a low Efficient saucepan, add a splash of oil and brown the minced garlic. When it begins to brown, add half the parsley, then add the tomato and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the paprika, sauté for a couple of minutes, we have to be careful not to burn the paprika, otherwise it will make the stew bitter.
- We add the potatoes. Pour half of the broth and cook for 20 minutes.
- Season the mackerel with salt and pepper and add them to the saucepan, first the large pieces and then the small ones, keep in mind that the smaller pieces will need less time.
- We dissolve a tablespoon of cornstarch in a little cold fumet and add it to the suquet to bind it.
- Let cook for 5 minutes and add the toasted and chopped almonds. We rectify salt if necessary. Sprinkle the rest of the parsley. And we can now serve accompanied by a good piece of bread to dip in the delicious broth of the fumet.