Now if we enter fully with the Christmas recipes. Today we bring a typical sweet from almost all the regions of Spain, some aniseed donuts.
A very easy recipe to prepare, without waiting times and that we can prepare in advance because it is kept in perfect condition for weeks.
For 12 donuts:
- 250 gr of wheat flour
- 65 g of sugar
- 125 gr of Iberian pork lard
- 50 ml of anise
- 1 tablespoon of matalahúva
- We put the Iberian lard in an Efficient Plus saucepan and melt it, it does not have to be completely melted but it does have to be soft. We booked.
- In a mortar we crush the seeds of matalahúva. We booked.
- In a bowl we have the wheat flour, we put the sugar and the seeds of matalahúva. Mix with your hands and add the anise and lard.
- Knead until you get a homogeneous dough, let it rest for 30 minutes in the same bowl covered with a hot kitchen cloth.
- We shape them either by making a ball that we flatten and with our finger we make the central hole or with a small ring and the back of a pastry nozzle.
- Reserve in the fridge for 1 hour to cool down or 10 minutes in the freezer. We place on an Efficient Plus iron .
- Baked in a preheated oven at 180ºC for 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes. Roll in icing sugar and let cool completely before eating.
Photos and recipe by MJ .