The Santiago cake is a traditional recipe of Galician cuisine. Its origin is unknown and it is delicious as an accompaniment to a good tea or coffee.
It is a cake without any flour suitable for celiacs and if you like almonds, this is your cake.
- 375g ground almonds
- 200g white sugar
- 6 eggs L
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 5g ground cinnamon
- icing sugar to decorate
- Preheat the oven to 170ºC.
- In a bowl, add the sugar together with the ground almonds, the ground cinnamon and the lemon zest. Mix well and add the eggs one at a time while we integrate them with the help of an Efficient spatula .
- We wet a sheet of parchment paper under the tap while wrinkling it and place it in a 28 cm low Infinity saucepan .
- Pour the dough into the pan, place it in the oven and remove the silicone handles.
- We bake for 30 minutes. Once the time has passed, let it cool and place the typical cross of Santiago (download template here ).
- Once we have the cross template and the cake has cooled, place the template on the cake and sprinkle with icing sugar using a sieve. We remove the template and we can now enjoy this delicious cake, we recommend cutting the cake with a serrated knife . Much better if we serve it accompanied by a good tea or coffee.
Photos and recipe by MJ.