This simple dish can do magic at your family or friends gatherings, whether they are special days or any Monday. It is a roast chicken with apples and herbs in which butter plays an essential role.
The apples are roasted together with the chicken so that they take on all the flavor of the sugar and the meat juices, thus achieving a juicy texture and a unique flavor.
- 1 free range chicken
- 3 onions
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 3 apples
- 3 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 75g butter
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees.
- Place a pinch of salt, a teaspoon of brown sugar, a few slices of onion and an apple inside the chicken. Bridle the chicken by tying the legs.
- Cut the butter into thin slices. With the help of your hands, peel the chicken skin from its meat. Put thin sheets of butter on the breasts and thighs. This will make the skin brown and crisp. With the help of your hands, spread the outside with a little butter and season with salt and pepper.
- Put the chicken in a Bra Efficient baking tray .
- Chop the onions in wheels. Chop the garlic into fine slices. Core the apples and cut them into quarters. Cut the quarters in turn into two segments each.
- Put the onions, garlic and apples around the chicken. Sprinkle with the brown sugar and put the remaining pieces of butter on top.
- Undo a few branches of fresh rosemary and spread the leaves on top.
- Bake one hour. Depending on the oven it will take more or less time. To make sure, when we think the chicken is done, we can pierce a breast with the help of a thermometer. The temperature should be around 175 C. If so, the chicken is roasted. If it has not yet reached that temperature, then we must leave it for a few more minutes.
- When the chicken is ready, remove it from the oven and let it rest for 10 minutes before serving.
Photographs and recipe by Loleta .