A classic in any tapas bar, but what about the homemade croquettes? Of those that our grandmothers and our mothers made us, I think we are all capable of remembering the taste of those croquettes.
Today we are going to learn how to make homemade croquettes, this time we make the most demanded ones, the chicken croquettes, but you know that we can start from this recipe, replace the chicken with almost any ingredient and customize them to our liking.
- 1 chicken breast
- 35g butter
- 35 g of wheat flour
- 500 ml of milk
- 1 small onion
- Black pepper
To batter and fry:
- 1 egg
- Bread crumbs
- extra virgin olive oil
- First of all, season the breast cut into fillets with salt and pepper to taste and pass it through the skillet 20cm Efficient orange slingshot. We do not need to cook them much, we simply put the pan on a high heat lightly painted with a brush and a little extra virgin olive oil. Remove and chop knife .
- Without needing to clean the pan, add the butter and let it melt over medium heat, then add the finely chopped onion, lightly salt it and let it sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add the flour and stir, let it cook for 5 minutes and pour in the hot milk. Stir non-stop until the bechamel is thick, at this point we rectify the salt, add nutmeg and pepper to taste and add the chopped chicken.
- Stir over medium heat until the bechamel separates from the walls. We put on a taper or tray, cover hair with transparent film and let cool to room temperature.
- Once cold, we reserve in the fridge, the ideal is to leave it overnight.
- We form the croquettes with the help of both hands and pass through beaten egg and breadcrumbs.
- We put a Professional pot with plenty of extra virgin olive oil and when it is very hot fry the croquettes 4 by 4. Remove and drain excess oil on kitchen paper.
Photographs and recipe by MJ .