We travel to Thailand to taste one of its most emblematic dishes, a curry, today we present you a chicken and vegetable curry, but you can do it by substituting the chicken for any type of meat, even fish, add your favorite vegetables and this time the curry It has chickpeas, which you could perfectly substitute for Thai rice.
Ingredients (for 4 people)
- 2 chicken thighs
- 250 g of cooked chickpeas
- 200g pumpkin
- 1 eggplant
- 1 zucchini
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 purple onion
- 1 spring onion
- yellow curry paste
- 2 dessert spoons of sweet curry powder
- fresh coriander
- 400g coconut milk
- extra virgin olive oil
- Black pepper
- First, wash the aubergine, courgette, red pepper, pumpkin and onion under the tap. Dice the aubergine and courgette without peeling. Cut the stem of the red pepper and cut it into approximately 2 cm pieces. Peel and dice the pumpkin and cut the onion into approximately 2 cm pieces.
- We arrange all the vegetables in a grill smooth Efficient, season with salt and pepper and add a splash of extra virgin olive oil.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 200ºC. We booked.
- Pour a splash of extra virgin olive oil into a wok Prior, then add the finely chopped spring onion, lightly salt and let it fry.
- Next, add a tablespoon of yellow curry paste and stir to release all its aroma. Then add the previously seasoned chicken thighs, add the cooked chickpeas and stir for 5 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk and the same amount of water. Add the curry powder and cook over medium-low heat for 20 minutes.
- After the time, add the vegetables and let them cook for 2 minutes. Shred the chicken and add it back to the curry. Serve in a bowl, sprinkle a little chopped fresh cilantro, some chopped peanuts and accompany with a slice of lime.
Photographs and recipe by MJ .