These meatballs with red curry are easy and original and bring you all the flavor of Thailand with a sauce that is both spicy and creamy. Lime leaves give a delicious citrus touch very typical of South Asia.
- 500 gr of minced meat
- a tablespoon of grated ginger
- a finely minced garlic clove
- ½ teaspoon of nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 egg
For the sauce:
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 2 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon of Thai red curry paste,
- 400 ml of coconut milk
- 200 ml of water
- 150 gr of green beans
- 3 lime leaves
- 100 grams of carrots
- the juice of 1 lemon
- 20 gr of fresh basil
- 30 g of fresh coriander
- Put the minced meat in a large bowl with a chopped chilli pepper, the ginger, the garlic and the egg. Mix well.
- Form 20 meatballs and reserve them.
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet , then brown the meatballs for 5 minutes and place them on a plate. Reserve.
- In the same pan, lightly fry the ginger and garlic. add the curry paste, and fry for 1 min until the oil appears to have separated from the spices.
- Add the coconut milk and water. Move well and let boil.
- Then add the meatballs, beans and carrots along with the lime leaves and cook until the vegetables are tender
- Season with salt and pepper and add the lemon juice. Break the basil and coriander leaves and bring to a boil. Serve with boiled rice.
These delicious meatballs with red curry can be made with our favorite meat. We can also cover using green or yellow curry. Served with a little boiled rice or noodles, it is a complete recipe that will make you travel to Southeast Asia.
Recipe and photography by Loleta