When you make this curry rice with prawns, you will never be able to eat another curry dish like before. If the ingredients that you are going to use are good, do not doubt that it will be the best curry that you have tried in a long time. The dish is originally from India, where it is cooked a lot with Curry in almost all dishes.
This recipe uses a stick of lemon grass, if you can't find it you can replace it with spring garlic but the flavor will change a lot. If you don't know what this ingredient is, read this article .
To prepare the curry we have used the Prior cast aluminum wok from BRA . Where you can prepare the rice beforehand and then the curry sauce.
- 100 g aromatic rice
- 400 g of peeled prawns
- 1/2 lt of fish stock
- 50g green bell pepper
- 50g red bell pepper
- 1 stick of lemongrass
- 2 lime leaves
- 1/2 jalapeno
- 1 curry cube (Golden brand)
- 1/2 can of coconut milk
- 1 spoon of sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- lime zest
- fresh coriander
- Cook the rice in a saucepan putting twice the volume of water than rice, salt. Cover and leave for about 18 minutes.
- Cut the peppers into cubes and sauté them in sunflower oil (we do not do it in olive oil so that the flavor is not too strong). Add the lemon grass giving it a couple of hits without it breaking completely.
- We add the whole kefir lime leaves, the chopped jalapeño, the curry paste (we undo it previously with our fingers) and the coconut milk. Let it reduce a little and add the fish broth, the sugar and the prawns.
- Finally add the ginger and chopped coriander. Cook for 5-10 minutes and serve along with the Thai rice.