Although we are in the middle of summer we must not lose good habits and for us there is nothing better than summer afternoon snacks accompanied by a delicious cake. The one we have brought you today is still a traditional sponge cake to which we have added a Caribbean touch thanks to pineapple and coconut.
The result is a delicious and moist sponge cake that is very refreshing and has an intense aroma and flavor of pineapple and coconut. Do you dare to try it?
With a 24 cm mold:
- 3 eggs M
- 125 gr of butter with salt at room temperature
- 60 gr of extra virgin olive oil or sunflower
- 185 g of wheat flour
- 185 g of sugar
- 10 gr of yeast type Royal
- 160 gr of fresh pineapple
- 60 gr of grated coconut without sugar
- 4 very thin slices of pineapple
- Brown sugar
- dehydrated coconut chips
- In a bowl, crack the eggs and beat them until whitening them and considerably increasing their volume. We booked.
- In another bowl, add the softened butter along with the sugar and beat until pale. Add the oil and beat until all the ingredients are well integrated.
- We are incorporating the beaten egg into the butter with the help of a spatula Efficient and with enveloping movement, once we have both bowls well integrated we will continue with the rest of the ingredients. First of all, we incorporate the crushed pineapple and mix well, we can do it with electric rods or rods Efficient manuals. Then add the grated coconut and add.
- Sift the flour together with the yeast and gradually pour it into the bowl and incorporate it with the help of a spatula with encircling movements. Add the flour to the rest of the dough in several batches to prevent lumps from forming.
- We buttered one low pan Efficient of 24 cm and we throw the dough of the sponge cake.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC top-down option and bake for 35 minutes. After the time we open the oven, place the thin slices of pineapple on the cake and sprinkle a little brown sugar. Bake for 20 more minutes. Once the time has passed, we prick the center of the cake to check that it is well done, remove from the oven and let cool, ideally, leave it for 10 minutes and unmold it to let it cool completely on a rack.
- Decorate with chopped pistachios and coconut chips. You will see that it is a very moist sponge cake with an intense flavor of pineapple and coconut. Really delicious.
Photos and recipe by MJ .