Today's recipe is perfect for those informal lunches or dinners in which we don't want to spend a lot of time in the kitchen but want to eat deliciously.
It is accompanied by a pesto that you can use in all your pasta recipes and now also in your sandwiches. It is a very simple sauce to prepare that you can have in the fridge ready to use or even freeze it in small portions to use whenever you feel like it.
Also, this sandwich today can be used to take advantage of the chicken we have in the fridge. I have prepared it with some breasts but you can do it with any part of the chicken.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast fillets
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon of oregano
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 slices of hawarti cheese or the one you like the most
- 4 slices of sourdough bread
- 4 thick tomato slices
- 4 tablespoons pesto
For the pesto:
- 80 g of Parmesan Reggiano
- 60 g of almonds
- 1 large bunch of basil
- 100 ml of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- For the pesto, blend all the ingredients with the help of a food processor or a mini blender. Reserve.
- Season the chicken breast fillets with salt and pepper and sprinkle evenly with the oregano.
- paint the grill Infinity lightly on all sides with the oil. Place chicken on grill directly over heat and cook until crisp, about 5 to 8 minutes per side, depending on thickness.
- About 2 minutes before the chicken is ready, put 2 slices of cheese on each breast half, and let the cheese melt.
- Spread the bread with the pesto and put the chicken with the cheese on top. Top with a few thick slices of tomato.
- Put the sandwiches back on the grill and let them brown for a minute. Flip over and brown the other side. Serve hot accompanied by potatoes or salad.
Photographs and recipe by Loleta .