Cocas, like some other baking doughs, are a safe wild card because they can be filled with almost anything. Today's dough, in addition to being very easy, is also very tasty and very manageable, so it will not be difficult to make it thin, which is how I like it the most. I have chosen peppers and anchovies to fill it, but you can use your favorite vegetables, eggs, chicken or even meat.
For the mass:
- 100 gr of extra virgin olive oil
- 100 grams of water
- 20 gr of fresh baker's yeast
- 300 gr of strong flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch of sugar
For the filling:
- 1 roasted red pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 2 onions
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 12 boneless anchovies in premium oil
- A handful of black olives
- Preheat the oven to 225 degrees.
- Mix the oil and water and heat slightly. Add the yeast and with the help of your fingers, undo it.
- In a large bowl mix the flour, salt and sugar. Add the mixture of oil, water and yeast and mix with the help of a food processor or with the help of your hands until the dough is uniform.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly floured surface and knead until it forms a ball. Extend with the help of a roller and line a iron 35 cm Efficient oven. There will be enough mass to form two cokes. Reserve.
- Finely chop the onion and skillet Efficient 18 cm sauté with the olive oil until the onion is caramelized (golden and very soft). Cut the roasted pepper into strips and do the same with the green pepper.
- Place the onions on our coca masses and the peppers on top. Finish with the anchovies drained of oil and bake for about 10 minutes at 200 degrees.
Photographs and recipe by Loleta .