Everyone knows that the pickle is a preservation method from Arab cuisine and that, today, we can find countless pickle recipes. Along with mussels and tuna, perhaps pickled quail are one of the best-known recipes in our gastronomy.
- 4 quail
- 4 shallots
- 1 carrots
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 120 ml white wine vinegar
- 120 ml of white wine
- 120 ml of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 sprig of fresh thyme
- 6 black peppercorns
- The first thing we have to do is cook the quail. We are going to season the quails and sprinkle them with a splash of extra virgin olive oil. We place them on the Grill BRA Infinity at 200ºC for 25 minutes. We removed the handle, one of the advantages of our new Infinity BRA collection. Preheat the oven to 200ºC and bake for 25 minutes. We booked.
- Peel the shallots, peel and cut the carrot and give it a contoured shape, this is optional but it will improve the aesthetics of our dish. Lastly, peel the garlic.
- We put the BRA Infinity Low Pan of 28cm, add 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, add the whole shallots, the carrot pieces, the whole garlic and sauté for 20 minutes over medium heat.
- Next, pour in the 120 ml of oil, 120 ml of vinegar and 120 ml of white wine, add the sprig of fresh thyme, 2 bay leaves and the black peppercorns, cover and let the marinade reduce and cook for 25 minutes.
- Once the marinade is finished, cut the breasts and thighs of the quail and place them in the saucepan to macerate and take in all the flavor of the marinade.
- This is a dish that is served at room temperature or even cold. We serve the quail accompanied by the vegetables and with a lot of bread for dipping.
We hope you enjoy it!
Photographs and recipe by MJ