If there is an ingredient that we like, it is potatoes, they can be cooked in countless ways, consumed hot or cold, with various sauces, in a salad or simply with salt, pepper and oil.
Today we bring you an ideal sauce recipe to accompany this potato salad or any meat or fish dish.
- 1 kg of small red potatoes
For the green sauce:
- 1 clove garlic
- A dessert spoon of capers
- 6 pickled cucumbers
- 5 anchovy fillets in oil
- 2 handfuls of fresh parsley
- 1 bunch of fresh basil
- 1 handful of fresh mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 75 ml of extra virgin olive oil
- Peel the potatoes and put them in our steamer Advance, fill the lower part of the pot with water and place the potatoes on top, the ideal is that all the potatoes have the same size so that they have a uniform cooking, if not, we will cut the largest ones so that all be the same.
- Cook over medium-high heat for 15-20 minutes or until when you prick them with a lace these are tender. We put in a bowl and reserve.
- We prepare our sauce, we can make it by hand in a mortar or with a grinder or blender.
- Put all the ingredients in the blender glass and blend. Pour the sauce over the potatoes and stir with a spoon. We already have them ready to eat as is as a salad or to be the perfect garnish for meat or fish.
Photographs and recipe by MJ .