Season of salads, although not all salads have to have raw vegetables, today's is very complete, in the same plate, we have vegetables and proteins. A very light cold dish, ideal for summer dinners, to take on a picnic, to the beach or even to the office.
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 onions
- 8-10 organic carrots
- 2 bay leaves
- Peppercorns 5 colors
- 3 garlic
- extra virgin olive oil
- 120 ml of white wine
- 120 ml white wine vinegar
- 120 ml of extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 orange
- Arugula and canons
- To make our rich salad, we have to start with a pickle stew, which on this occasion we are going to make with chicken, but it can be made with any bird or fish.
- We salt and pepper the two breasts that we have previously cleaned of tendons and bones. In a pan low Efficient, add a splash of extra virgin olive oil and brown them over high heat on all sides.
- Remove and add a little more oil if necessary. Cut the 2 onions julienne, peel the garlic and peel the carrots. For this dish we are interested in the carrots not being too big because we are going to add them whole, if you do not find them small, do not worry, cut them into slices and that's it.
- Add all the vegetables to the saucepan and cook over low heat for 20 minutes.
- After the time we incorporate the two breasts, some grains of peppers of 5 colors and 2 bay leaves. Add the white wine, the vinegar, the orange juice and the extra virgin olive oil. Cover and cook over medium-low heat for another 20 minutes.
- Let cool and store in the fridge. We can shred the chicken so that it takes on the flavor of the marinade.
- To prepare the salad Serve some arugula leaves and lamb's lettuce together with the pickled onion and carrot and some shredded chicken strips. Season with the same marinade.
Photos and recipes by MJ .