Today we come with a very light but original and easy to prepare salad. It is curious how sometimes, the union of some foods works wonders in the final flavor of the recipe.
It is a salad with all the flavor of Greece that gives us feta cheese, a typical cheese from Turkey and Greece (and some other countries) that is made with sheep's milk that is cured in brine and that you can find in any supermarket. .
- 100 g royal quinoa
- 100g feta cheese
- 1 red onion
- half cucumber
- 1 box of cherry tomatoes
- 200 g of black olives (you can use a can and dress them like me, with a little chili flakes and dried oregano)
- 1 bunch of mint or fresh mint
- Extra virgin olive oil to taste
- wine vinegar to taste
- half a teaspoon of salt
- Wash the quinoa with plenty of water. When the water comes out clean, put it to boil. The proportion of quinoa is twice the amount of water than quinoa. cook in a low pan Efficient 24cm.
- When the water boils, lower the heat and cook for 5 minutes. After this time, cover and wait until all the water has evaporated. Rinse in plenty of cold water. Put in a colander to drain well and reserve.
- Finely chop the red onion into very small pieces. Reserve.
- Chop the cucumber and quarter the cherry tomatoes. Cut the olives in half and finely chop the mint.
- In a bowl mix the quinoa with the cucumber, the chopped tomatoes, the onion and the salt and stir well. Add the olives and mix again.
- In a bowl, mix the olive oil with the vinegar until you get a dressing to your liking. Add to salad and mix. Serve immediately.
Photos and recipe by Loleta .