If there is a classic among the classics, that is our beloved Russian salad, a traditional tapa, which has a thousand variants, as many as there are houses in this country and the only thing we ask is that it not be frozen, please! It is not so difficult to cook some potatoes and some eggs and turn this simple and humble dish into a delicacy.
We leave you our version that is no better or worse than yours, in it we have sought the excellence of the products to make it a delicious tapa, starter or why not? Main dish.
- 3 medium monalisa variety potatoes
- 2 organic eggs L
- 150 g of bonito from the North
- 1 can stuffed olives
- Bread sticks to accompany
For the mayonnaise:
- 1 organic egg L
- Extra virgin olive oil “Arbequina” variety
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- First of all we are going to cook the potatoes, in our markets and stores there are different varieties of potatoes, we normally use the monalisa variety, it is an all-terrain variety that is quite good in frying and cooking. We put a Professional pot we pour water and introduce the whole potatoes, the water should cover the potatoes enough. We put to cook and leave for 30-40 minutes or until they are cooked.
- In a saucepan Professional we put plenty of water and introduce the 2 eggs at room temperature. From the moment it starts to boil, let it cook for 13 minutes. After the time we remove and place in a bowl with ice water and leave for 15 minutes. This will stop cooking and make them easy to peel.
- We leave the bonito from the North draining so that it releases the excess oil.
- Once we have the potatoes and the cold eggs we can finish our salad. Remember that both cooking can be done one day in advance. Peel the potatoes, remove any ugly parts they may have and roughly mash or cut them into small pieces. Peel and chop the boiled eggs and add them to a bowl.
- Add the olives without the water they carry along with the potatoes and the egg.
- We prepare the mayonnaise, you can use a pot but homemade mayonnaise will be one of the biggest differences when choosing between making a Russian salad or making one of the best Russian salads ;-). To do this, crack the egg into the blender glass, add about 3 fingers of extra virgin olive oil of the “arbequina” variety (if you want, you can replace it with sunflower oil or put half and half). Squeeze the juice of half a lemon and add a pinch of salt. Beat until emulsified. Taste and add salt.
- We incorporate several tablespoons of mayonnaise into our salad and mix well. Once we have the salad to our liking of mayonnaise, we incorporate the bonito from the North, we are going to separate the flakes of bonito and spread them over the entire surface, we reserve a few to decorate. We mix carefully so as not to break the wonderful flakes of the bonito from the North and we already have our Russian salad ready.
- We reserved it in the fridge until the time of serving. We serve accompanied by bread sticks.
Photos and recipe by MJ .