Galette is a term used in French cuisine to designate various types of round and flat cakes that can be made with different doughs (flaky or not) and that can have different savory or sweet fillings. This one today combines sweet and savory ingredients and has a puff pastry. It is delicious and ideal for an informal dinner or an aperitif with friends.
- 1 prepared buttered puff pastry
- 2 onions
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 100g brie cheese
- 100 g of goat cheese
- 150 g of red fruits: blueberries, blackberries or raspberries, or a combination of them as on this occasion
- 1 tablespoon icing sugar
- 1 egg
- In a skillet melt the butter. Add the chopped onion and cook over low heat for at least 10 minutes. When it is golden add the sugar and let it caramelize (2 or 3 minutes). Crush the onion until creamy and set aside (we can leave it whole but children tend to protest less if we shred it).
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Open the sheet of prepared puff pastry and spread the onion over the dough, keeping in mind that we must leave a 4 or 5 cm edge without filling.
- Now cut the cheeses into pieces and distribute them over the onion keeping the edge free.
- In a bowl, mix the red fruits with the icing sugar. Mix well. Place the red fruits on the cheese.
- Now we have to close the galette. To do this we will fold the edge without filling over the cake with filling forming a circle.
- Beat the egg and with the help of a brush, paint the puff pastry.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until the puff pastry is crisp and golden. Serve hot.
Photos and recipes by Loleta .