Now that the cold is already pressing is when hot dishes are most desired. This unites the energetic power of chickpeas with the creamy flavor of pumpkin.
To finish it off and make it even more attractive, I have seasoned it with spices that take me to the other part of the world: turmeric, chili powder, paprika and curry play the main role here as a spoon dish to drink all year round.
- 20 ml of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 black cardamom pods
- 6 green cardamom pods
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 1 clove of garlic finely minced
- 200 g pumpkin cut into cubes
- 300g chickpeas soaked overnight
- 1 liter of chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon of curry
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric
- Open the cardamom pods and remove the seeds. Reserve.
- In a pressure cooker Bra Tekna, put the oil to heat. Add the cardamom seeds and stir a few times. Add the chopped onion along with the clove of garlic and brown over low heat until the onion is soft.
- Then add the squares of pumpkin and give a few turns. Add the spices and stir over medium heat.
- Add the broth and chickpeas. Cover the pressure cooker and cook over medium high heat.
- Once the pot has begun to release air, lower the heat to medium and cook for another 30 minutes.
- After this time, remove the pot from the heat and let it cool completely before opening it. Serve hot.
Photographs and recipe by Loleta .