Two weeks before autumn arrives, dishes with typical products of this time of year are already beginning to be desired. Although the pumpkin is typical of the season of fallen leaves and chestnuts, we can find it throughout the year, so we can enjoy it both in winter and in summer. Here you have several recipes made with pumpkin .
The pumpkin is a food that contains high amounts of fiber , it is perfect to return our intestine to its usual state in states of decomposition and gastric imbalance. When you clean the pumpkin, do not discard the seeds because they are another of the parts that help us improve health, and that is that they will help us improve the general state of the body if we eat them. Above all, the effect that pumpkin has is diuretic and depurative, which is why it is a good way to keep kidneys in perfect condition. But its depurative function not only stops at that, but also its high fiber content will help us maintain a body free of impurities and in perfect condition.
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 kg pumpkin, peeled and seeded, diced
- coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 140g caramelized onion (can be purchased)
- 100g crumbled feta cheese
- 40 g of sliced almonds
- 180 ml of liquid cream
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC.
- Heat the oil in a ovenproof skillet on strong fire. Add the pumpkin, salt and pepper, and cook covered for 8-10 minutes or until tender.
- Cover with caramelized onion, feta cheese, almonds and cream.
- Bake for 10 minutes in the oven until it has toasted and bubbles carefully when removing from the oven that we do not burn ourselves with the handle of the pan.
- We salt and serve.