When I first tried the mint peas recipe at a Moroccan friend's house, I was so amazed by the flavor that they had that I thought that every time I cooked peas I would cook them the same way.
So the other day when I went to the market and the lady at the vegetable stand recommended that I take those beautiful peas that she had and I thought I should share that recipe with the BRA fans, and here it is:
- 350g fresh peas
- 100g onion
- 9 mint leaves
- extra virgin olive oil
- 150ml vegetable broth
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Cut the onion into small cubes and fry it in a nonstick saucepan with olive oil over very low heat. When transparent add the peas.
- Add the mint leaves cut into pieces (you can do it by hand, if you use a knife they will lose flavor leaving it on the knife and on the cutting board), fry for a couple of minutes.
- Add the vegetable stock and cook for about five minutes or until the peas are tender and the mint leaves have darkened and are soft.
- Season with salt and pepper and fry for a couple more minutes over high heat.
- Served with a few fresh mint leaves.