In time of stews and stews we bring you a wonderful French recipe full of history. This dish, characteristic of the Burgundy region, is based on the local red wine and veal for its preparation. It is usually accompanied by mushrooms, French onions and even smoked bacon. Perfect for the cold days that are approaching.
- 750 gr of beef for stewing
- 1 onion
- 2 carrots
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tbsp of tomato concretized
- A bouquet garni (laurel, thyme, parsley)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 500 ml. of red wine
- 200 ml. of meat broth
- 250 gr. of mushrooms
- 2 shallots or French onions
- Brown the pieces of beef in a large skillet over high heat on all sides. Reserve.
- Chop the onion and garlic into squares as fine as possible. Cut the carrots into slices of approximately one centimeter so that they cook at the same time as the meat. Sauté in the fast pot.
- Once this is fried, add the tomato paste, the bundle of aromatic herbs and the tablespoon of flour. Mingle.
- Reincorporate the meat that we had reserved and wet with the red wine. Let the alcohol evaporate and add the meat broth.
- It's time to close our speed cooker. Indicate the maximum pressure power and wait for the valve to start releasing steam. From there, lower the heat to a minimum and start counting the cooking time, which in this case is 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, brown the mushrooms and shallots in a pan with butter.
- When the pressure cooker finishes cooking, indicate the devaporizer mode to lower the pressure. Once the pot is open, add the mushrooms and shallots. Let simmer for a few minutes until thickened to taste. Serve in a deep plate.