Every day we are more adept at vegetables and if they are presented to us like today's recipe, we are superfans, because eating healthy and rich does not have to be at odds.
For 2 persons:
- 1/2 eggplant
- 1 spring onion
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1 zucchini
- 1 garlic
- extra virgin olive oil
- Black pepper
- 4 plum tomatoes
- 2 organic eggs
- Wash all the vegetables well under the tap. Dice the aubergine and the two peppers. Finely chop the onion and garlic. Slice the zucchini with the help of a mandolin. Season all the vegetables.
- we put a pan on the fire and pour three tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil. Add the spring onion, add a pinch of salt and fry over medium heat. Once the onion is transparent, add the garlic, fry for a couple of minutes and add the rest of the vegetables, except the zucchini and the tomatoes.
- Let cook over medium-low heat for 15 minutes, at this point add the tomatoes, adjust salt.
- We put on the fire another pan and paint it with extra virgin olive oil with a brush, grill the courgettes for a couple of minutes on each side and remove them to a plate.
- We are stirring and let cook over medium-low heat until the tomatoes have been fried, approximately 20 minutes, at half time we try and add a teaspoon of sugar if necessary to correct the acidity of the tomato. After the time we withdraw and we can assemble our plate.
- In a rectangular mold, place a layer of courgettes, then put half the filling, cover the entire surface with the courgette strips again, pour the rest of the filling and finish covering with the courgette strips.
- To accompany and make a round dish we are going to add a little protein but also in a healthy way.
- Crack an egg and put it in a bowl, put a saucepan on the fire with plenty of water and a good splash of vinegar. When it begins to bubble but without breaking the boil, stir the water with the help of a spoon so that the water forms a whirlpool. At this moment we will add the egg and you will see how with the force of the water it is collected and remains well formed. Let cook for 3 minutes and remove.
- We serve the lasagna together with a poached egg per diner.
Photographs and recipe by MJ .