First of all we are going to aromatize the milk, for that we reserve a glass of milk and pour the rest into an Efficient 16 cm saucepan. Then add the cinnamon, a couple of strips of lemon peel, a couple of strips of orange peel and the sugar. Put on medium heat and bring to a boil, at that time remove from heat and let stand until the milk tempers.
- 750 ml of milk
- 150 grams of sugar
- 60 g of cornstarch
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 cinnamon stick
- Orange and lemon peel
For the batter:
- 1 egg
- Sunflower oil
For the accompaniment:
- 4 cloves
- 1 star anise
- 1/2 cup (of coffee) of vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
- First of all we are going to aromatize the milk, for that we reserve a glass of milk and pour the rest into a saucepan Efficient 16 cm. Then add the cinnamon, a couple of strips of lemon peel, a couple of strips of orange peel and the sugar. Put on medium heat and bring to a boil, at that time remove from heat and let stand until the milk tempers.
- In a bowl we put the glass of milk that we had reserved, together with the two yolks and the cornstarch, it is important that the milk is cold or at room temperature, never hot because otherwise the cornstarch would make lumps. Mix with the help of a Efficient rods until the cornstarch has completely dissolved.
- At this time we remove the cinnamon and the lemon and orange peels from the saucepan of milk that we had reserved, and incorporate the previous mixture, stir until a homogeneous mixture is obtained and bring to the fire. Above all we have to put it on medium-low heat to prevent it from burning and do not stop stirring until it thickens, when it thickens we remove from the heat and pour the mixture into a mold, we have to try that the milk has at least 1 finger thick, a finger and a half would be perfect.
- Cover with transparent film flush to prevent it from getting a crust when it cools and let it cool down, once cold we reserve it in the fridge. The ideal is to prepare it from one day to the next.
- For the accompaniment, wash the strawberries and remove the stalk. Cut the strawberries into 4 pieces each. Put the strawberries in a 16cm Efficient saucepan , along with the cloves, the star anise, the brown sugar and the vinegar. Put on medium-high heat and let reduce for 5 minutes. We remove and we have the strawberries ready to accompany the fried milk.
- The next day we portion the fried milk, with a knife It would be enough but we want to make it more original, so we are going to use a round cookie cutter to make our round fried milk.
- Pass the portions through cornstarch and beaten egg and fry in a 16 cm Efficient saucepan in plenty of sunflower oil, once golden, remove it on kitchen paper to release excess oil, and then coat in a mixture of sugar and cinnamon . We serve accompanied by strawberries with vinegar, the combination is delicious.
Photos and recipe by MJ .