And after the holidays we return to the routine in which, as always, we eat deliciously but taking care of ourselves to recover order in our diet after the excesses of these days.
Today we do it with some lentils with rice. They do not contain meat or fat, but they do have all the flavor of the traditional chup chup, although in half the time thanks to the new Excellent Quick Cooker. An ideal spoon dish for these cold days, with all the nutritional power of legumes but with zero fat.
- 80 ml of extra virgin olive oil
- 400 ml of natural crushed tomato
- 2 onions
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 3 slices of whole wheat bread
- 3 black peppercorns
- 1 kilo of lentils
- 1 bay leaf
- half a teaspoon of salt
- A teaspoon of sweet pepper
- 5 carrots
- 4 medium potatoes
- 300g of rice
- Finely chop the onion and garlic with the peppercorns and poach them in oil over medium heat until tender. Then add the slices of bread and fry them until golden brown on both sides.
- With the help of a blender, we crush them until we get a fine puree and remove from the pot.
- We put the lentils in the pressure cooker Excellent and we cover them with water. Add the purée together with a bay leaf, a teaspoon of sweet paprika and the salt and stir well.
- We peel the carrots and potatoes. Cut the carrots into sticks and the potatoes into wedges and add them to the pot. If necessary, add a little more water to cover.
- Cover and cook for 25 minutes at number 2.
- meanwhile in a 22-centimeter high Efficient saucepan , cook the rice in plenty of water. When the rice is ready, rinse it with cold water, drain and reserve.
- After this time, being careful not to burn ourselves, we put the pot under the cold water tap until the pot has lost pressure. Open and add the rice. Mix well and adjust salt.
- We serve and enjoy!
Photographs and recipe by Loleta .