With these temperatures, few things are more appealing than a good hot dish. Today we have prepared a spoon recipe, more specifically for lentils, but we wanted not to make the traditional lentils with vegetables and we have brought you some lentils with baby squid.
For 4 people:
- 300 g of beach squid
- 300g lentils
- 1/2 onion
- 1 garlic
- 1 chorizo pepper
- 2 heaping tablespoons of red tomato pulp.
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 liter of mild fish broth, preferably made with white fish bones and vegetables.
- Chop the onion very finely. We put the pressure cooker Tekna of 4 liters in the fire, we add a splash of extra virgin olive oil to cover the bottom. Add the onion and fry over a very low heat. Meanwhile, soak the chorizo pepper in hot water.
- When it starts to become transparent, add the garlic, also very finely chopped, and the bay leaf. We continue to simmer.
- After 10 minutes the chorizo pepper will be hydrated and will no longer be dry. We open, de-seed and with the help of a spoon we take out the meat and add it to the sauce. Add 2 heaping tablespoons of red tomato pulp, it can be natural or canned. Let reduce for about 15 minutes over low heat.
- We remove the feather from the squid, as they are very small it is not necessary to remove anything else from them or turn them or cut them.
- Wash under the tap with cold water and let drain.
- When the sauce is ready, add the squid and sauté.
- Once cooked, add the lentils, sauté for a couple of minutes and pour in the fish broth.
- Cover the pressure cooker and let it cook as soon as the spout comes out for 15 minutes.
Recipe and photos by MJ .