The other day we told you about some basic guidelines to lose weight after Christmas, one of them is to use as little fat as possible when cooking. An ideal way to cook without fat is steaming, taking advantage of the heat of the food and its own juices to cook.
Steam cooking allows you to cook food in an economical, simple and healthy way. On the other hand, food maintains its flavor and, most importantly, its nutritional qualities.
For 4 people:
- 2 sea bass of about 300 g
- 1 lemon
- 2 sprigs of thyme
- 1 onion
- white wine (optional), but replace with fish broth or water
- 1 leek
- 2 carrots
- 1 stick of celery
- 1 tomato
- extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 210C°
- Peel and cut the leek, carrots, celery and onion into julienne strips (thin strips) and the tomato into slices.
- We place each sea bass fillet in the oven tray with a lid (otherwise we can put it on baking paper and then we will form a well-sealed envelope).
- We make some slices in the sea bass and put a slice of lemon inside.
- We cover the sea bass fillets with the vegetables and the onion one by one.
- Sprinkle with a splash of olive oil, white wine (broth or water) and thyme.
- We salt and pepper
- We close the lid of the tray and bake for about 20 minutes (depending on the size of the sea bass).
You can replace the sea bass with any other fish, salmon for example is a typical fish to make in papillotte.