Mac & Cheese
If there is a pasta dish that defines the character of the Americans, that is the Mac & Cheese, a very caloric dish, but from time to time we can include it in our menu to enjoy some delicious macaroni. If we are sure of one thing, it is that children will love it and especially cheese lovers.
- 250 g of pasta (coditos type or shark nº 0)
- 150g white cheddar cheese
- 75g Gruyère cheese
- Grated Parmesan to taste
- 500 ml of warm milk
- 60g unsalted butter
- 60 g of wheat flour
- We cook the pasta with a little salt in our cooking pot Professional King Cooker ideal for preparing pasta. The time will depend on the cooking time indicated by the manufacturer and our taste. As we are going to gratin the pasta, we will cook it 2 minutes less than what the manufacturer indicates. Once the time has passed, drain and reserve.
- In a 24 cm low saucepan Efficient we prepare the roux for our macaroni. Add 60 g of butter, when it is melted add 60 g of wheat flour and stir with the help of a few rods , after a couple of minutes we add the warm milk, season with salt and pepper and add nutmeg to taste and continue stirring until it begins to thicken.
- At this time we incorporate the white cheddar cheese, the Gruyère cheese and the Parmesan cheese. We reserve a little of each cheese for the final gratin.
- Add the pasta to the bechamel sauce and stir well, add the cheese that we had reserved on top and bake in the oven for 5-10 minutes.
- We serve immediately.
Photographs and recipe by MJ