If there is a typical Christmas sweet, those are the mantecados. With a lot of different flavors and aromas, this recipe will be your wild card that you will make a thousand times. You can substitute cinnamon and lemon for vanilla, grated orange.
- 230 g of icing sugar
- the skin of a lemon
- 100 gr of chopped toasted almonds
- 100 gr of lard
- 200 grams of flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 15g sesame
- Toast the flour over low heat in a pan until lightly browned. Also toast the almonds.
- When they have cooled completely, put them in a bowl with the rest of the ingredients and mix well. Cover with plastic wrap and leave to rest in the fridge for about 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180º. Sprinkle the work surface with flour and roll out the dough until it is 1.5 cm thick.
- Cut with the help of a pastry cutter and sprinkle with sesame.- Put them on a baking tray on baking paper or a silpat.
- Bake at 180º for 10-15 minutes, until the edges are golden brown. Let cool and sprinkle with a little icing sugar.
Recipe and photos by Loleta .