Mille-feuille of mushrooms
We already have Christmas here and we want to have recipes with which we can surprise our loved ones, and this is one of the ones that you can put on your list. A recipe that will dress up your table and with which you can show off with everyone without having to spend hours in the kitchen. In addition, it is suitable for all pockets because you can prepare it with frozen mushrooms that are not expensive at all.
For the filling:
- 3 minced shallots
- 1/2 bunch of fresh chives
- 1 kg of assorted mushrooms (This recipe is so appreciated that it can be made with assorted frozen mushrooms. They do not need to be fresh, so the dish comes out very well for the price)
- 50 grams of butter
- 200 grams of chopped serrano ham
For the puff pastry:
- A sheet of precooked puff pastry
- 1 egg to paint
- Turn on the oven at 180º C.
- Open the sheet of precooked puff pastry and cut it in half. Place it on a large Bra Efficient smooth grill and with the help of a kitchen brush, paint the surface of both parts with beaten egg.
- Bake for about 30 minutes until the puff pastry is golden.
- Meanwhile, with the help of a Efficient Santoku knife , chop the shallots. In a 22 cm Efficient Plus frying pan , fry the finely chopped shallots with the butter at medium temperature. Cook well until soft but not brown.
- When they are ready, add the mushrooms. If we have bought them frozen, we do not have to defrost them before, but we can throw them directly. Cook over medium heat until all the liquid has evaporated.
- Once it has evaporated, add the chopped ham and stir for a minute. Then add the chopped chives and sauté for another minute over medium heat. Add a little ground black pepper and rectify salt.
- When the puff pastry is ready, put the filling on one of the puff pastry sheets. Cover with the other sheet of puff pastry and serve hot.
Photographs and recipe by Loleta .