When Christmas arrives we cannot help but start thinking about what recipes we are going to cook, today we want to bring a dessert, which we often forget about and it is as important as the appetizers or the main dishes.
This chocolate cake is very moist and best of all, it is gluten-free, so those who are intolerant to gluten can also enjoy this delicious cake.
- 4 eggs
- 100 gr of almond flour
- 60 g of cornstarch
- 125 grams of sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 30 g unsweetened cocoa powder
- Whipped cream
- Strawberry jam
- Powdered sugar
For the trees:
- 150 g of white chocolate
- Pretzel Sticks
- Sugar balls, sprinkles
- The first thing we are going to prepare is the cake, we need it to be cold to be able to fill it. In a bowl, beat the eggs together with the sugar until pale.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC
- Then add the sifted almond flour, cornstarch, cocoa and yeast. We continue beating with some electric or manual rods , until all the ingredients are integrated.
- At this time we incorporate the vanilla essence and beat for a minute. We line our iron Efficient with parchment paper and dump the dough on it. Bake at 180ºC for 12-15 minutes, once the time has elapsed, puncture the center of the cake to check that it does not come out wet.
- Let cool before filling.
- With the help of a cookie cutter we cut 6 squares or they could also be round. Put a layer of sponge cake and paint with the help of a strawberry jam brush . Then we cover with whipped cream.
- Place another layer of sponge cake and do the same operation as before, paint with strawberry jam and cover with whipped cream. Finally we finish off our cake with another layer of sponge cake that we sprinkle with icing sugar.
- To make the Christmas trees, which we can have made the day before, we place the pretzel sticks on parchment paper, we have to leave enough separation between them to be able to make the trees. Next, with the help of a pastry bag where we have the melted white chocolate, we draw the shape of a Christmas tree in a zig-zag shape and before the chocolate solidifies, we throw the sugar balls. Let cool in the fridge and place as decoration.
Photos and recipe by MJ .