Pad Kee Mao is a Thai noodle dish that is basically prepared with oyster sauce and chili and you can put whatever you want on it.
Originally it was prepared with rice wine hence its name, and today's version we have prepared with chicken.
But the most characteristic thing is that it is a dish that is prepared in 5 minutes with rice noodles, wide noodles to which we can put basically any ingredient that we have in the fridge, be it vegetables, meat or seafood.
- 200 g of cooked rice noodles
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 very finely chopped red chilies (depending on your taste for spiciness, more or less)
- half chopped onion
- 1 chicken breast in tacos
- 1 tablespoon and a half oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon and a half soy sauce
- 1 spoon of sugar
- 1 bunch of basil
- a handful of peanuts
- In a prior wok , heat the oil and brown the garlic. Add the sliced onion and finely chopped red chillies and sauté over high heat.
- Now add the chopped chicken breast and let the meat brown.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl mix all the sauces with the sugar and move well with a spoon. Pour over the chicken and move well. Add the noodles and sauté on high until flavors are well blended. Add a bunch of chopped basil and stir well.
- Serve immediately with some chopped peanuts to add a bit of texture and a few whole basil leaves.
Photography and recipe by Loleta .