One of the most international recipes of Italian cuisine is pasta with tomato sauce. It is normally made with plum tomatoes or vine tomatoes, but today we are going to make a rich flavor sauce using cherry tomatoes and dried tomatoes.
It is a sauce that we can also make in larger quantities and have in jars in the fridge ready to use when it suits us best, or if you prefer, we can freeze it.
- 400 g of cooked pasta
- 80 g dried tomatoes
- A little crushed cayenne, not ground
- 200g cherry tomatoes
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 150 ml of extra virgin olive oil
- In a skillet Advanced put the oil and brown the garlic cloves at medium temperature. When they are golden, add the dried tomatoes and let them hydrate at medium-low temperature for about 10 minutes until they have puffed up.
- Add the cherry tomatoes cut in half and the crushed cayenne pepper. Season and add the fresh basil leaves. Reserve.
- Cook the pasta leaving it a little hard and drain it of water.
- Add it to the pan and give it a few turns. Let it cook in the tomato sauce until al dente.
- Serve with a little Parmesan is flakes.
Photographs and recipe by Loleta .