- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 24 strips of pancetta (if not, you can use bacon)
- 70 g of breadcrumbs of the day
- 60ml whole milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped rosemary
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 eggs
- 400 g minced beef
- 400 g minced pork
- 1/2 cup extra chopped pancetta
- freshly ground sea salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC. Heat the olive oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the finely chopped onion and garlic and fry for about 6 minutes or until softened. Let cool completely.
- We put the pancetta in our low 22cm saucepan (we will use it as an oven mold ). We put them so that they are mounted on top of each other. We booked.
- Put the breadcrumbs and milk in a bowl and leave it for about 5 minutes or until the milk has been absorbed. Add the onion, rosemary, mustard, eggs, pork, beef and chopped pancetta, season with salt and pepper and mix well.
- Press the mixture into the mold and fold the leftover pancetta in.
- Put the mold on the baking tray and let it cook for about 40-45 minutes or until the meat is done.
- Remove from the oven and let rest for about 5 minutes before unmolding. We put it on a tray with baking paper and put it back in the oven for about 5-10 minutes so that the top part browns.
Different versions of the meatloaf: