tortilla stuffed peppers
Today's recipe we would not know how to classify it, it is probably a recipe created by someone who was trying to update the Spanish omelette with peppers, and from there came this very original and delicious way of presenting it.
- 2 large, straight green bell peppers.
- 2 organic eggs
- 2 medium potatoes
- extra virgin olive oil
- Peel the potatoes, wash them and cut into cubes.
- we put a 26cm Prior frying pan over high heat with plenty of extra virgin olive oil. And we fry the potatoes.
- In a bowl, beat the 2 eggs and set aside.
- We wash the peppers well under the tap and dry them. We cut the “tail” of the peppers, reserve it and remove the seeds.
- Once the potatoes are fried, let them drain on kitchen paper and add them to the beaten eggs. We put the Prior frying pan over low heat with hardly any oil and add the potato and egg mixture. We stir agitatedly for about 3 minutes and remove, the idea is to slightly curdle the egg to be able to fill the peppers more easily.
- We are filling the peppers with the egg and potato mixture, if necessary we help ourselves with a skewer to fill us well.
- We place on the Efficient oven tray and bake in a preheated oven at 200ºC for approximately 30 minutes.
- Remove and let cool for 5 minutes.
- To present the peppers, cut them into slices.
You only need a piece of bread and enjoy!
Recipe and photos by MJ