In our Christmas tables, a festive main course cannot be missing, and although it is true that every day we have less time to cook, we are not going to give up preparing very elaborate dishes but with zero complication.
- 1 whole boneless chicken
- 500 g minced pork
- 85 g of foie (bloc or mi-cuit)
- 40 g shelled pistachios
- 60g dried cranberries or raisins
- 175g of honey
- Juice of 2 oranges
- extra virgin olive oil
- 500 g peeled chestnuts
- 500 ml of milk
- Salt to taste
- 4 potatoes
- 200 ml of cooking cream
- 1 egg
- 50g grated Parmesan cheese
- As we have mentioned before, we are going to make a stuffed chicken with complication 0. The most complicated part of this recipe is to bone the chicken, but we are going to leave that to the butcher. We will ask him to open the chicken and bone it, he has to leave it to us to make a chicken roll.
- In a bowl, add the minced pork, along with the pistachios and blueberries, season with salt and pepper and mix well. Next, add the foie cut into small cubes and mix carefully so that the foie does not fall apart. We booked.
- We open it completely and season it, add a splash of extra virgin olive oil and brush it well with the help of a Brush.
- We fill the center of the chicken with the meat mixture, close and sew with a curved needle and thread for food use. Then we can continue rolling with the food thread or put a butcher's mesh on it. Tie a knot at each end and season the outside with salt and pepper. We put in a Efficient baking tray .
- In a bowl, mix the honey and the orange juice and stir with the help of a few rods . Pour over the chicken and place in the oven preheated to 170ºC heat up-down for 1 hour.
- We are watering the chicken with the honey and orange juice throughout the cooking. After the hour we change the oven to the up-down-air option and continue baking for another hour at 170ºC, if your oven does not have the air option, we raise the temperature to 185ºC, if you see that it is very golden you can cover the chicken with paper of aluminum.
- After the time we turn off the oven and let cool to cut well, we serve accompanied with chestnut puree and potato cake.
- For the chestnut purée, put 500 g of peeled chestnuts in a saucepan, along with half a liter of milk and a pinch of salt and cook for 45 minutes over low heat. Once the time has passed, we grind, add a little milk if we want it lighter.
- Peel 4 potatoes and slice them finely. Leave in water for 15 minutes to release the starch.
- Season the potatoes, add a little nutmeg and the grated cheese and stir well.
- Beat an egg and add it to 200 ml of cooking cream or heavy cream, pour it over the potatoes, mix well and place in individual moulds, bake together with the chicken 45 minutes before the end of the chicken time.
Photographs and recipe by MJ .