Meat stews are highly appreciated dishes in Spanish gastronomy, each region, each city and each house are capable of making the same stew in a different way and that is precisely the richness of our gastronomy, there is no single dish, each one adapts to your taste, to the products of your area or even to your economy.
Today's dish is also known as "Catalan style chicken" and is very typical in Catalonia, especially at Christmas, but as you can see it is not a high-cost dish, so it can be eaten at any time and it is delicious.
- 1 chicken chopped with skin
- 1 white onion
- 20 pitted prunes
- 100g pine nuts
- 1/2 cinnamon stick
- 2 purple garlic cloves
- 1 splash of white wine
- Chicken soup
- extra virgin olive oil
- We ask our butcher to cut up a skin-on chicken for us. We salt and pepper
- we put a pan high Efficient to the fire, add a splash of extra virgin olive oil, about 4 tablespoons. Brown the chicken well on all sides.
- Meanwhile, soak the prunes in warm water for 10 minutes. Drain and reserve.
- Once the chicken is golden, we take it out to make a sauce.
- Chop the onion and garlic very finely. in the same saucepan high Efficient that we have browned the chicken and sautéed the onion together with the garlic over low heat.
- Once well poached pour a glass of white wine and a glass of broth and let reduce about 10 minutes over medium heat.
- At this point, add the chicken and let it cook for another 30 minutes over medium-low heat. If necessary, we can add more broth.
- We take the opportunity to brown the pine nuts in a Efficient pan with a drop of extra virgin olive oil. Remove once golden.
- After 30 minutes, add the prunes and pine nuts to the stew and let reduce for 10 more minutes. It is an ideal dish to eat with guests, since like all stews it is much richer from one day to the next.
- Serve accompanied with baked potatoes or white rice, and serve sprinkled with a little fresh parsley.
Photos and recipe by MJ .