I always say that cooking is not difficult, you just have to have time and put a lot of love into what you are doing, that is the only way to achieve exquisite dishes. Today's recipe, a roasted chicken with tomato and olives, could not be easier, but the end result is excellent.
As on other occasions, make sure you have bread at home because you will not stop dipping it in its rustic sauce, and I say rustic because the onion and tomatoes are appreciated. What do you want the finest sauce? You just have to remove the chicken and blend the sauce, but I like it that way, especially because it reminds me of my childhood and because my mom used to prepare it that way...
- 1/2 chicken cut into pieces
- 2 onions
- 3 garlic cloves
- 400 ml of chicken broth
- 400 g of ripe tomatoes
- A handful of black olives from Aragon
- extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- We put oil to heat in a pot or casserole, in this case we have used the saucepan of the Express pot which also serves as a normal cast aluminum saucepan. Once the oil is hot, brown the previously seasoned chicken pieces, along with the unpeeled garlic cloves and a few sprigs of thyme. We remove and reserve.
- In the same pot we brown the onion that we will have cut in julienne. Once browned, add the chicken and half the broth. Bring it to a boil and cook for about five minutes.
- Add the remaining broth, the tomatoes cut in half and the olives. Let everything cook together for about 25 minutes or until we see that the broth has reduced.
- Once the broth has been reduced and the tomato has dissolved, remove from the heat and serve.
As you can see, it is a very simple dish, but no less rich for that, so enjoy! Of course, tell your guests that it has olives, you know... because of the bone! 😉