Seafood salad with kimchi mayonnaise
In summer we love to eat cold dishes, and many times when we think of cold dishes it seems that there is only gazpacho and salmorejo, but that is not the case, today we bring you another typical dish of our gastronomy but this time we suggest you give it a little spin and serve it accompanied by a kimchi mayonnaise that we will serve separately so that each one can prepare it to their liking.
- 2 cooked octopus legs
- 250 g of prawns
- 250g of mussels
- 1/2 spring onion
- 1 piece of purple onion
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1/2 green bell pepper
- 1/4 granny smith apple
- 1/4 avocado
- 1 pear tomato
- juice of 1/2 lime
- extra virgin olive oil
- Kimchi sauce
- fresh chives
- The first thing we have to do is prepare the fish. To cook the octopus, we first freeze it. Do not skip this step, it is very important. We will take it out 24 hours before cooking it, since the octopus must be completely thawed before doing so. Once defrosted, wash it lightly under the tap and let it drain.
- We put a pot with plenty of water to boil. When it starts to boil we grab the octopus with a hook by the head and submerge it in the boiling water and quickly take it out. When it starts to boil again, we put it back in and take out the water and the third time we leave it in the water.
- We cook it much easier and faster in our speed cooker Tekna, we cover the pot, we program at 2 and, as soon as the “spout” comes out, we leave it for 7 minutes. We put the pot under the tap to depressurize it, open it and take out the octopus, let it drain.
- For this elaboration we will only need two legs of the octopus, with the rest we can prepare a thousand and one elaborations, such as a delicious feira octopus. We leave the octopus in the fridge so that it is cold.
- We put a saucepan Efficient with plenty of water, when it starts to boil add the prawns, let them cook for 4-5 minutes depending on their size. Once the time is up, drain and leave in a bowl with ice water to break the cooking. We reserve in the fridge.
- We put the mussels in a saucepan large with a splash of water and put them on the fire half covered. Let cook for 5 minutes or until all the mussels are open. Remove the mussel from the shell and also reserve in the fridge.
- Once we have all the fish ready, we go with the vegetables, wash them well under the tap. Cut them into small pieces and put them in a bowl. Season them with a splash of extra virgin olive oil and also reserve them in the fridge.
- In a bowl, add the mayonnaise, add the kimchi sauce and stir. We reserve in the fridge.
- Dice the granny smith apple and the avocado, season with the lime juice so they don't oxidize, and now we can prepare our salpicon.
- Cut the legs of the octopus into slices with the help of scissors, put them in the bowl together with the vegetables, add the cooked prawns whole or in pieces and the mussels, stir so that they are also seasoned. Add the apple and avocado and mix well.
- We serve the salpicón accompanied by the kimchi mayonnaise and chop a little fresh chives on top.
Photos and recipe by MJ .