There are tons of recipes for tarte tatin, and I've tried dozens of them. But this one, believe me, will be the best tarte tatin you've ever made. An obsessed with this cake tells you. I don't go to a restaurant without trying their tatin and I still think that this one, which a friend taught me a few years ago, far exceeds the rest you've tried.
Since I make it in my new pan BRA Infinity also fits me even better, nothing sticks and I can cook all the time in the same pan, without having to change the pot thanks to its removable handle, perfect for putting in the oven.
To make the tatin, it is very important that we use pippin apples and butter of the highest quality, since the final flavor of the cake will depend on it.
For the mass:
- 100 gr of diced butter
- 100 grams of sugar
- 1 lightly beaten egg
- 250 gr of wheat flour
- 1 pinch of salt
For the apples:
- 5-6 pippin apples
- 100 grams of sugar
- 100 grams of butter
- 1 vanilla pod
- Mix all the ingredients with your hands, pinching the butter together with the dry ingredients and the egg to form breadcrumbs. Once we have that texture we will form a ball, without kneading. Cover with plastic wrap and put in the fridge until the apples are ready.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
- In our BRA Infinity pan we will melt the butter over medium heat, when it is melted we will add the white sugar and stir slowly with a wooden spoon and leave over low heat.
- Meanwhile, peel the apples with a peeler and cut them into four pieces, removing the core. Add them to the pan in an orderly fashion with the round side down. Let them cook with the butter and sugar for about 20 minutes.
- We remove from the fire.
- We stretch the dough with the help of a rolling pin or with our hands and place it on the apples in the same pan in which we made them. It is not necessary for the dough to occupy the entire pan at once, the real thing is to put it in large chunks so that it is covered on all sides.
- Place in the oven, removing the handle from the pan, at 180ºC for about 20 minutes or until the dough is golden.
- We turn around with the help of a plate (as if it were a potato omelette) right away when we take it out of the oven. Et voila! We already have our tarte tatin. We can serve with vanilla ice cream or milk cream.