Easter is here and the kitchen is filled with the typical dishes of these dates. The Pascualina Cake is one of the recipes that I repeat the most. And it is that although chard is not my little one's favorite vegetable, in this cake he eats it without question. Very easy and with all the vitamins of chard.
- 2 sheets of shortcrust pastry
- 40 ml of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion
- 2 bunches of fresh Swiss chard
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- A pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 5 free-range eggs
- 10g grated grana padano cheese
- 1 beaten egg
- Wash the chard well and chop finely. Chop the onion finely.
- Preheat the oven to 180º.
- In a Efficient low saucepan put the oil and the chopped onion and leave to poach (fry over low heat until soft. Add the spinach and season with salt and pepper. Add the nutmeg and stir, leaving it to cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add a glass of water and cook over medium heat until the water has almost completely evaporated.
- in a mold or low Efficient saucepan suitable for oven, place a shortcrust pastry making sure to cover the entire mold well.
- Pour over the chard. Form some holes on the chard. In each one we will put an egg, so that they will be distributed.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese. Cover with the other shortcrust pastry. Brush with beaten egg and bake at 180 degrees for 30 minutes.
- If you feel like it, you can add a few cubes of ham or chorizo.
Photos and recipe by Loleta .