One of the vegetables that gives the most play in the kitchen are aubergines, we can find them all year round in stores and with them you can make countless recipes and all of them are delicious.
Today we wanted to bring a classic recipe from Italian cuisine, the Parmiggiana de melanzane or, what is the same, Eggplant parmesan, a kind of eggplant cake that we are sure you will love, we wanted to give this cake a twist to make it healthier.
For 4 people:
- 700 gr of aubergines
- 700 gr of crushed tomato
- fresh basil
- A splash of extra virgin olive oil
- 50 g of grated Parmesan
- 100 gr of sliced or grated mozzarella
- 1 egg L
- Wash the aubergines well and cut them into thin slices with our Santoku knife Efficient, salt and leave to rest in a colander for 30 minutes.
- In a saucepan Professional we add a splash of oil, add the crushed tomato, some fresh basil leaves, salt and pepper to taste and let cook over medium-high heat for about 20 minutes or until all the water has been absorbed. We booked.
- we put a BRA Infinity iron to the fire, add a few drops of extra virgin olive oil, spread the oil with the help of a Efficient brush . We dry each slice of aubergine with a clean kitchen paper and we cook it on the grill.
- Once the aubergine is ready, we can plate the Parmesan to give the final touch to the oven. For this I will use one of our saucepans low Efficient, in this case the 20cm. With these quantities, 4 good portions come out.
- First, we pour 1/4 of the tomato sauce, then we cover it completely with aubergine, trying to overlap some slices with others so that there are no gaps. We add grated Parmesan, the amount to taste and then we add sliced or grated mozzarella, some fresh basil leaves and we start again, tomato, aubergine, cheese and basil, until we finish all the quantities, trying to finish with the sauce of tomato to which we grate cheese on top and bake for 30 minutes at 180ºC in the upper part of the oven.
- Now we only have to accompany the dish with a lot of bread, we assure you that this dish is a delight!
Photographs and recipe by MJ .