Valentine's Day is a special day and as on all special days food is very present, surely one of the most recurrent gifts that day is chocolates (food) and in any case, we are convinced that it is around a meal or romantic dinner that we entertain our lovers with gifts or simply with the most important thing, with our love.
That's why today we bring you a delicious lemon arm with strawberries. Happy Valentine's Day!
For the cake:
- 4 eggs
- 120 g of wheat flour
- 120 grams of sugar
- Zest of 1 lemon
For the cream:
- 100 grams of sugar
- 350 ml of water
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 150ml lemon juice
- 3 egg yolks
- 60 g of cornstarch
- Mint leaves
- First of all we prepare the lemon cream, a lemon cream, delicious and with a powerful lemon taste, if you are not very fond of lemon you can make a traditional pastry cream.
- In a saucepan Efficient pour the water, sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice, egg yolks and cornstarch. We put the saucepan over medium-low heat and stir until it begins to thicken, remove, pour the cream into a bowl and cover flush with transparent film so that it does not form a crust. Let cool to room temperature and once cold reserve in the fridge until ready to use.
- The first thing we are going to prepare is the sponge cake, in this case a plate of Genoese sponge cake with a lemon flavor. In the bowl of the mixer, add the 4 eggs and beat together with the sugar until foamy enough.
- Then add the lemon zest and stir with the help of a manual whisk . Sift the flour and add it to the mixture in 3 batches with the help of a spatula and with enveloping movements.
- We put a parchment paper at the bottom of the Efficient griddle that we are going to use to get a perfect roll of rolls. Bake for 15 minutes in a preheated oven at 190ºC for 12-15 minutes.
- Once the time is up, remove and place on a wire rack to cool.
- As we are going to prepare mini arms, we have to cut the plate into 4 equal pieces with an Efficient bread knife, spread the entire surface of each mini arm with lemon cream, roll up and sprinkle with icing sugar.
- Decorate with cream, strawberries and mint.
Photos and recipe by MJ .