It is true that the basic foods that we use do not usually vary much, but the important thing is to vary the way of cooking them, change the ingredients and the cooking method to achieve different flavors with little effort.
This pork tenderloin or filet mignon is marinated in an orange and lime sauce that gives it a delicious citrus touch. My son applauds when we prepare it at home and I hope they applaud you too. Very easy ingredients to change flavor without complications.
- 2 pork tenderloins
- 2 oranges
- 1 lime
- 1 red onion
- 1 spring onion
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- a little fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of fried tomato
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt and pepper
- Chop the onions and poach them with the garlic in the oil in a Efficient pan . Add a little salt and pepper, the vinegar, the tomato and the sugar. Also add the grated skin and the juice of the orange and lime. Cook for 5 minutes until the sauce has reduced.
- After this time, reserve the pan and transfer the sautéed to a blender glass, and blend with the help of a hand blender or kitchen robot, until you get a fine puree.
- With the help of a kitchen brush, paint the sirloins, taking care that they are well covered with the sauce and leave to marinate for at least half an hour.
- In a pan lower Efficient, over high heat, score the sirloins well on all sides, and bake at 180º for 10-15 minutes until the sirloins are well cooked.
- Let them rest for at least 5 minutes before cutting them into slices and serving with the sauce and some boiled potatoes.
Recipe and photography by Loleta .