Cinnamon, clove and ginger are three flavors and aromas that directly transport me to Christmas. Today they come in the form of a cake that will serve you the same for breakfast as for a snack and if we put a cinnamon cream like today, then it can even be a delicious dessert.
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- A pinch of salt
- 200 grams of flour
- 160 gr of brown sugar or panela
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- 4 tablespoons of melted butter
- 165ml molasses
- 165ml hot water
- 1 egg
For the coverage:
- 300 ml very cold liquid cream
- 1 teaspoon and a half of cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons of icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. grease a low pan Efficient 24 cm. Reserve.
- In a bowl mix the flour, bicarbonate of soda, salt, cinnamon and cloves. Mix and reserve.
- In a large bowl, beat the melted butter with the sugar, molasses and hot water. Mix well. With the help of an electric mixer start beating adding little by little the mixture of flour and spices. When everything is incorporated, add the beaten egg and mix well.
- Pour the mixture onto the low pan and bake for about 35 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean. Let cool on a rack.
- Meanwhile, with the help of an electric mixer, beat the cream with the cinnamon, sugar and vanilla until the cream is whipped and stiff peaks remain.
- Cover the cake with the cream when it has lost its temperature and decorate with a few grains of fresh pomegranate and some eucalyptus leaves.
Photography and recipe by Loleta .