We can say that the summer dinner and lunch season is open, they are a classic that we also love. Thinking about those summer meals, there is something that never fails and they are barbecues and cold dishes.
As we know that not everyone has a BBQ at home, we leave you with a proposal of homemade Moorish pinchitos without further complication and that are luxurious.
For 4 people:
- 1 kg of head of loin or loin
- 1/2 green bell pepper
- 1/4 red bell pepper
- 1/2 zucchini
- 1/2 eggplant
- 1/2 purple onion
- 1/2 kg of potatoes Kennebec variety
- 150 gr of Greek yogurt
- juice of 1/2 lime
- Cilantro or fresh parsley
- Spices for yellow skewers
- extra virgin olive oil
- Black pepper
- Wooden sticks
- First we prepare the meat on skewers. To do this we start by dicing the piece of meat. We salt and pepper In a bowl, add a couple of tablespoons of spices for pinchitos, add a splash of extra virgin olive oil and mix. The amount of oil will be enough to make a kind of light spiced oil.
- We smear all the pieces of meat with the pinchitos oil and reserve in the fridge overnight. The next day we wash the vegetables well under the tap and cut not very thick pieces to insert on the skewers.
- To assemble the skewers we start with a piece of meat, then a piece of vegetables and so on until all the meat is used up. We are alternating a piece of meat and a piece of vegetables, trying to start and end with a piece of meat.
- To prepare the garnish and the sauce it is as simple as washing the potatoes well under the tap, if they have a lot of soil we will brush to remove it or we will directly peel them. We cook them in a Professional saucepan of 18 cm. After the time we cut them into quarters and put them on a baking tray. Season them with salt and pepper, add a splash of extra virgin olive oil and bake them for 20 minutes at 230ºC.
- For the sauce, put the yogurt in a bowl, season with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, the juice of 1/2 lime, pepper, salt and chopped coriander. Mix well, taste and rectify any dressing if necessary. Reserve in the fridge until use.
- To cook the skewers we put on the fire the Efficient Iron striped square grill , once hot put the skewers and cook over high heat.
- We serve the skewers together with the potatoes and the yogurt sauce.
Photographs and recipe by MJ .