When it comes to cooking chicken, sometimes we are very repetitive, that's why today we bring you a recipe of Italian origin that we are sure you are going to incorporate into your cookbook.
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 500 g of crushed tomato or ripe tomato
- 1 small onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Chili flakes or 2 cayenne peppers (optional)
- 1 egg
- Cracker bread or breadcrumbs
- 50g Parmesan cheese
- fresh basil
- extra virgin olive oil
- We start by preparing the marinara sauce, for this we chop the garlic and onion very finely. Put oil in a 24cm Fast click pan , add the garlic and when they start to change color add the onion and a pinch of salt. Let sauté over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Next, add the tomato along with the oregano and the chili flakes (optional if we want a spicy touch) and cook over medium-low heat for 30-40 minutes.
- After some time we can pass the sauce through a food mill if we want it finer. We booked.
- We clean the breasts of fat and possible bones, lightly salt them and place them whole between two cling film.
- Crush the breasts with the help of a kitchen hammer until they are approximately 1 cm thick.
- We pass them through beaten egg and breadcrumbs and fry them in abundant oil, it does not matter that they are not well done inside, they have just been cooked in the oven, what interests us is that the batter takes on a light golden color. Let drain on kitchen paper.
- Remove most of the tomato sauce from the 24cm Fast Click pan , leaving a light layer of sauce. Next, place the breasts, pour over them the sauce that we had previously removed and sprinkle the grated Parmesan on top.
- A trick, if we lightly wet a little Parmesan this will help it melt more easily.
- Served with some fresh basil leaves.
Photos and recipe by MJ .