Quiches are probably the most ideal dish for a pongo meal. Don't you know what a pongo meal is? Well, it is that lunch or dinner where each guest brings a plate and then they share. It is the way to celebrate a meeting around food without involving a great economic sacrifice for any diner.
Today we have dared to make a "gourmet" quiche where the sweet-salty combination is very suggestive to the palate. We take advantage of the fig season that lasts very little.
- 1 package of shortcrust pastry
- 2 eggs L
- 200 ml fresh cream or cooking cream
- 200 g of goat cheese with honey or natural
- 10-12 figs of the “lady's neck” variety
- Black pepper
- Balsamic vinegar
- lemon thyme
- We spread the shortcrust pastry in the mold, we are going to use the skillet Bra Infinity of 24cm that we can use perfectly to make the quiche, thanks to the possibility of removing the handle.
- Spread well along the edges of the pan, prick the bottom with a fork and cover with parchment paper. Bake in a preheated oven at 180ºC for 15 minutes.
- After the time we remove the paper, cut the edges to make them uniform and bake for 5 more minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- In a bowl, beat the two eggs with the help of an electric mixer. Season to taste. Add the creme fraiche or cooking cream and beat until integrated with the eggs. We reserve in the fridge.
- Wash and dry the figs, cut them into not very thin slices and cover the entire surface of the quiche. Then crumble half of the goat cheese. Cover again with another layer of figs and crumble the rest of the cheese.
- Let's pour the egg mixture and creme fraiche that we had in the fridge over our dough.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes at 180ºC top-bottom option. Once the time is up, remove from the oven and reserve. We recommend eating this quiche cold. Once warm, we reserve in the fridge and take it out an hour before consuming it so that it loses the cold of the fridge.
- To serve, add a splash of Modena vinegar and decorate with a few sprigs of lemon thyme.
Photographs and recipe by MJ .