This is one of the most traditional desserts of our gastronomy. A very simple homemade dessert with few ingredients that was originally made in nunneries.
The recipe calls for egg yolks, water and sugar, and with these three ingredients we will prepare the 3 phases of our dessert: caramel, syrup and bacon from heaven.
- 12 yolks
- 500g sugar
- 1 glass of water
- 4 tablespoons of sugar
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees by placing a large container filled with water at the bottom of the oven.
- Over one pan lower than 20 cm of Efficient, prepare a caramel. We will put the 4 tablespoons of sugar in the saucepan and let it brown (better not to touch it too much) until a well-golden caramel forms. Reserve.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan Efficient, we will put the water with the sugar and let it cook over medium heat for about 10 minutes until a syrup has formed, I hope. Let cool until it loses heat.
- Finally, in a bowl, mix the yolks by hand. We will add the syrup by thread (little by little as if a thread were falling) while we move with the rods without stopping (it is important to do it quickly because we do not want to foam).
- Once all the syrup has been incorporated, strain well so that we don't have any strands of egg left.
- Carefully pour into the pan and bake for about 15-16 minutes. The saucepan keeps a lot of heat so the bacon from heaven cooks faster than it would in another container.
- Let cool and when no longer hot, chill in the fridge for at least 5 hours.
- Unmold carefully and enjoy!
Photographs and recipe by Loleta .